Table of Contents
- Getting Here
- Prompt Settings
Updated by Sana
- Getting Here
- Prompt Settings
The Respond AI feature enhances the effectiveness of your communication by improving your sentences or even responding to incoming messages with the help of AI. Respond AI consists of the following four main components:
You can access Respond AI settings by selecting Settings in the navigation menu > selecting Respond AI under Workspace Settings. The page has the following three tab:
- AI Prompts: This tab is displayed by default, and you can select which AI prompts you need from here.
- AI Assist: Select this tab to add knowledge sources, determine if snippets will be used by the AI Assist to respond to queries and define the AI Assist persona.
- AI Agent: Select this tab to provide settings for the AI Agent Step.
By default, Respond AI provides you with 4 default prompts and the capability to create 4 more custom prompts. You can swipe the toggle right/left to enable/disable prompts on the Quick Prompts page. The selected prompts are available in the Messaging Console of the Messages Module.
The following 4 inbuilt prompts are enabled by default and can be used immediately:
- Change Tone
- Fix Spelling & Grammar
- Simplify Language
You can create up to 4 custom prompts that exclusively behave how you want them to.
Creating a Custom Prompt
To create a new custom prompt, click the Add Custom Prompts button.
On the New Prompt dialog, provide the following information:
Enter the name of your custom prompt. For example, Make Concise.
Enter the action you want your prompt to perform. For example, Make the sentence shorter and concise.
Click this button to save the prompt settings.
Click this button to discard your changes.
Editing a Custom Prompt
Once the custom prompt has been created, you can edit it by clicking the Edit button next to it. Once you have edited the prompt, click Save.
Deleting a Custom Prompt
If you do not need a custom prompt anymore, you can delete it by clicking the Delete button, and confirming the deletion in the dialog that appears.
- To enable a prompt, swipe the toggle of the prompt right so that it is available in the Messaging Console.
- To disable a prompt, swipe the toggle left so that it is not available in the Messages Console.
AI Prompts Quick Guide
The Quick Guide section shows you how the AI Prompts work.
You can improve AI responses drafted by AI Assist and AI Agent by identifying various knowledge sources, PDF files and website URLs that can help AI Assist/AI Agent understand your business better. With sufficient material, AI Assist can provide apt responses to customer queries. Before you start using the AI Assist/AI Agent tool, you should test it to verify that the knowledge sources are, in fact, sufficient. If not, you can provide more information by adding more sources.
Click the Knowledge Sources button to manage Knowledge Sources.
Step 1: Providing Knowledge Sources
You can add Knowledge Sources to AI Assist/AI Agent by selecting the following options:
- Files: On the Files dialog, drag and drop relevant PDF files and click Upload. You can upload 5 files at a time and up to 50 files in one workspace.
- URL: On the Website URLs dialog, enter the relevant link. When one webpage (with up to three depth links) has been crawled, you can provide another URL for crawling. It is recommended that you give AI Assist enough time to crawl one website completely before sharing another. Since web pages are crawled, and the information is stored as a Knowledge Source, you need to recrawl the website whenever there are updates to the data on the web page.
Once a Knowledge Source has been added a notification is sent to inform you about it.
When you are done sharing your Knowledge Sources, click Done. Refer to the Status column to see what the status of the Knowledge Sources is. The possible statuses are:
- Completed: All the Kowledge Sources have been added.
- In Progress: The Knowledge Sources are still being added.
- Error: Errors tell you if there is an issue in processing the Knowledge Source. You can eliminate the issue and retry.
Step 2: Managing Knowledge Sources
You can view, edit and delete the Knowledge Sources you provided on the Knowledge Source tab.
Editing the Name
From the ACTION menu, select Edit to edit the name of the Knowledge Source.
From the ACTION menu, select the Delete button/icon to delete the Knowledge Source. AI Assist cannot access this knowledge source anymore and therefore, it cannot base responses on it.
Knowledge Source Quick Guide
The Quick Guide section shows you how the AI Assist - Knowledge Sources work.
- Character Limit Constraint: The crawler's operation is limited by the character capacity of the workspace, which is set at a maximum of 1,000,000 characters (1MB).
- Error Count Threshold: The crawler can handle up to 10 errors per crawling job, with two error types - Timeout Errors and Protocol Errors.
- Page Count Limit: There is a limit on the number of pages the crawler can process, which is set at 10,000 pages.
AI Assist lets you leverage the power of Respond AI to conduct engaging conversations with customers. You can start off by providing educational material to help AI Assist learn about your business requirements. Once done, it can formulate responses to customer queries based on the information it has.
On the AI Assist tab, you can improve AI responses by adding Knowledge Sources, testing AI Assist and providing other settings.
Testing AI Assist Responses
After defining the Knowledge Sources, return to the AI Assist tab and click the Test AI Assist button to open the Test AI Assist dialog.
- Provide a question in the Prompt field and click the Send icon.Each response costs 1 credit.
- View and verify that the response displayed in the Response area is correct.
- Click Done to close the dialog.If you are not satisfied with the response provided by AI Assist, you can provide additional Knowledge Sources using the Add Knowledge Source button.
Selecting Other Options
You can provide other settings such as enabling AI Assist to respond outside of added Knowledge Sources, add snippets and define a persona for AI Assist.
- Swipe the Reply outside the added knowledge source toggle to the right to allow AI Assist to respond using the information provided to the Knowledge Source and the external source of information i.e., ChatGPT.This toggle is enabled by default if no Knowledge Sources have been added yet.If this toggle is not turned on and there is no related material in the Knowledge Source, and you have no snippets, or you turned off the snippets, no answer is drafted by AI Assist for the incoming message(s).
- Swipe the Snippets toggle to the right to allow AI Assist to use your snippets as a Knowledge Source to draft responses to your conversations.
- It is recommended that you define the persona of AI Assist in the AI Assist Persona field by defining the distinct characteristics you want your AI Assist to have. For example, create a background of the persona by identifying the purpose/role it has in a conversation, define the personality (skillset, speaking style, etc.) and any other qualities that help Respond AI craft the behavior of AI Assist. However, a default persona has been provided for convenience which adheres to professional yet courteous conduct. Design the AI Assist persona carefully so that it can draft responses that best suit your business requirements.If you want to revert back to the default persona, you can click the Reset button.
How it Works?
You can now start using AI Assist to draft responses to customer queries in the Messages module.
The Respond AI chatbot, AI Agent, replies to customer inquiries using the Knowledge Sources/Snippets provided to it (using Answer Questions objective) or collects information from them (using Collect Information objective). The AI Agent can be enabled in the Workflows module using the AI Agent Step.
You must provide some Knowledge Sources or Snippets to your AI Agent as reference material to use while responding to a customer’s queries. It is recommended to provide focused information to the AI Agent to enable it to provide the best responses. Therefore, when adding the AI Agent Step, provide knowledge sources focusing on one topic. For example, if you want your AI Assist to function as a virtual support agent for Product A, you will provide the relevant Knowledge Sources to help the agent answer queries related to Product A. When AI Agent has many Knowledge Sources on various irrelevant topics, it slows the AI Agent and increases the response time.
You can also have AI Agent collect basic information from customers e.g., their phone number or email address and update the platform accordingly.
AI Agent is ideal for handling low-value conversations and can provide continuous 24/7 support to clients without additional cost.
AI Agent Behaviour
- The AI Agent takes previous messages/queries in context before replying to a query.
- If one message contains multiple queries, AI Agent responds to all queries in one answer. Only 1 credit is deducted.
- The AI Agent can process text, email, and quick replies. It cannot, however, process to images.
- If a conversation is closed and reopened, the AI Agent will only respond to the queries asked after the conversation was opened.
AI Agent Quick Guide
The Quick Guide section shows you how the AI Agent - Knowledge Sources work.