What is respond.io?
Setting Up an Account
Inviting Your Teammates
Getting Contacts to Message You
Automated Welcome and Away Messages
Responding to Messages
Glossary of Terms
WhatsApp Business Platform (API) Quick Start
Getting Ready for Inbound Conversations
Getting Ready for Promotional Messaging
WhatsApp Official Business Account (Green Tick)
Grow your WhatsApp Audience by Maximizing Entry Points
Get WhatsApp API Account for Government Agencies
Meta Business Verification
WhatsApp Message Templates
WhatsApp Business Platform (API) Channel Configuration
WhatsApp Messaging Limits
Change Your WhatsApp Business Display Name
Migrating from WhatsApp Personal or WhatsApp Business App
Phone Number Migration to respond.io WhatsApp Business Platform (API)
Turn-off WhatsApp Number Two-Step Verification
WhatsApp Cloud API
Phone Number Migration to WhatsApp Cloud API
Facebook Messenger Overview
Facebook Messenger Quick Start
Facebook Chat Plugin
Facebook Private Replies
Facebook Message Tag
Google Business Messages
Website Chat Widget
Website Chat Widget Overview
Website Chat Widget Quick Start
Install Website Chat Widget on WordPress
Install Website Chat Widget on Shopify
Install Website Chat Widget on Wix
Install Website Chat Widget on Joomla
Install Website Chat Widget on Squarespace
Dashboard & Reporting
Assignment and Closing a Conversation
Interacting with Respond AI
Using AI Assist
Workflow Steps Overview
Step: Send a Message
Step: Ask a Question
Step: Assign To
Step: Update Contact Tag
Step: Update Contact Field
Step: Open Conversation
Step: Close Conversation
Step: Add Comment
Step: Jump To
Step: Trigger Another Workflow
Step: Date & Time
Step: HTTP Request
Step: Add Google Sheets Row
Step: Respond with AI
Managing a Workspace
Workspace Settings: General
Workspace Settings: Users
Workspace Settings: Teams
Workspace Settings: Channels
Workspace Settings: Growth Widgets
Workspace Settings: Contact Fields
Workspace Settings: Integrations
Workspace Setting: Respond AI
Workspace Settings: Closing Notes
Workspace Settings: Snippets
Workspace Settings: Files
Workspace Settings: Data Export
Workspace Settings: Data Import
Organization Settings: General
Organization Settings: Users
Organization Settings: Workspaces
Organization Settings: WhatsApp Fees
Organization Settings: Billing & Usage
Installing respond.io Mobile App
Messaging From Your Mobile
Managing Notifications On Your Mobile
Configuring Mobile App Settings
Handling Inbound Conversations
Create Automated Welcome and Away Messages
Get Contacts’ Consent for Personal Data Collection
Create Automated Chat Menus
Collect Contacts’ Emails and Phone Numbers
Route Contacts by Shifts
Route Contacts by Team Functions
Route New & Returning Contacts
Route VIP Contacts
Assignment Strategy: Automatic Contact Distribution & Load Balancing
Assignment Strategy: Unassign Agents after Conversations Closed
Converse with Customers
Understand the Individual: Get a Complete View of the Customers
Collaborate Internally: Simplify Customer Escalation with Automation
Collaborate Internally: Transfer Contacts to the Next Shift Automatically
Respond Intelligently: Optimize Agents’ Productivity in the Messages Module
Support Use Cases
Inbound Support: Identify Contacts by Email and Phone Number
Inbound Support: Enrich Customer Data from a CRM or other Business Software
Inbound Support: Route Customers to the Right Team Automatically
Inbound Support: Auto-Assign Customers to a Team or Dedicated Agent
Send Outbound Support Messages
Support: Closing Conversations
Supervising Your Support Agents
Reporting for Support
Send CSAT to Customer and Save Data in Google Sheets or CRMs
Sales Use Cases
Inbound Sales: Collect Leads' Email and Phone Number
Inbound Sales: Enrich Contact Data and Qualify Leads
Inbound Sales: Routing Leads
Inbound Sales: Auto-Assign Leads to Sales Agents
Sending Outbound Sales Messages
Track Productivity by Closing Conversations
Supervising Sales Agents
Reporting for Sales
Broadcasts Use Cases
Sending a Simple Broadcast
Start a Workflow Based on Broadcast Response
Troubleshooting a Failed Broadcast
Dialogflow: Connecting to Dialogflow
Dialogflow: Creating a Chatbot
Dialogflow: Managing Intents
Dialogflow: Response Templates
Dialogflow: Custom Payloads
Dialogflow: Fulfillment Webhook Request
E-Commerce & CRM Integrations
E-Commerce Integration: Shopify
E-Commerce Integration: BigCommerce
E-Commerce Integration: WooCommerce
E-Commerce Integration: Magento
CRM Integration: HubSpot
CRM Integration: Salesforce
CRM Integration: Pipedrive
CRM Integration: ActiveCampaign
Make (formerly Integromat)
We love to hear from you!
Table of Contents
Updated by Joshua Lim
This Step allows a Contact to continue in another Workflow, either starting from a particular Workflow Step or from the beginning of a chosen Workflow. This is done by connecting different Workflows together.
There are two key configurations in Trigger Another Workflow:
- Workflow: Choose the next Workflow for the Contact to proceed with.
- Workflow Step: Next, pick the specific Workflow Step from the chosen Workflow for the Contact to continue in. You can either select a specific Step or let the Contact start the Workflow from the beginning.
You can view the complete list of Workflows connected with the Trigger Another Workflow Step to keep track of your Contacts journeys.
The total number of connected Workflows will be displayed next to the information icon.
You can also click Show more to view the list of Workflows that are connected. Two categories will show:
- You are triggering: Shows all Workflows connected to the current Workflow via Trigger Another Workflow Step. Clicking on the Workflow name will go to the specific Step in the current Workflow.
- Triggered by: Shows all Workflows that will trigger the current Workflow. Clicking on each Workflow name will open up the Workflow in a new tab.
How It Works
With the Trigger Another Workflow Step, you can connect different Workflows together. This directs Contacts from one Workflow to another and makes your Workflows more flexible to provide a more customized, streamlined experience for your Contacts.
You can either direct Contacts to a specific Step in the other Workflow or allow them to continue their journey at the start of the other Workflow.
Here are some best practices for this step you can follow to optimize your Workflow:
- Clearly name and label your Workflows and Workflow Steps. This makes it easier to select the specific Workflow or Workflow Step to connect.
- Remember to publish Workflows that are connected to the original Workflow.
- Before you stop a Workflow, check if it’s connected to another one. Stopping a connected Workflow will result in Contacts continuing with the original Workflow where Trigger Another Step is activated. This may lead to errors or an incomplete Contact journey.
- Refrain from consecutively listing multiple "Trigger Another Workflow" steps in immediate succession. When they are placed one after the other, they run concurrently, which may not always be the desired behavior. A more effective approach is to integrate them into separate branches or distinct workflows. For instance, in the context of workflows, consider having Workflow A initiate Workflow B, and then have Workflow B initiate Workflow C. This sequential arrangement ensures that Workflow B will complete before triggering Workflow C.
Suggested Use Cases
Here are some ways you can use the Trigger Another Workflow Step:
- Separating leads and existing customers: Merging multiple chat menus to manage both leads and customers can become complicated. Streamline your interactions with Contacts by using the Trigger Another Workflow Step to open chat menus and re-route assignments.
- Multilingual service Workflows: Reduce potential miscommunication by rerouting Contacts based on language using the Trigger Another Workflow Step. Connect various Workflows to automatically route Contacts depending on the language used.
- Return to main menu: Allow Contacts to return to the main menu to view and choose different options, even if they have entered an entirely different Workflow.
FAQ and Troubleshooting
How many times can I use the Trigger Another Workflow Step in a single Workflow?
There is no limit. You can use this Step as many times as you’d like in a single Workflow.
Is Trigger Another Workflow Step available on my plan?
Yes, this Step is available for every pricing plan on our platform.
Feeling stuck? Do not fear.Need assistance? Contact us for support. Help is here!
This is the text block that will appear when the button is clicked.
Step: Date & Time
Learn all about Triggers and how they can be used to make a Workflow run.
Workflow Steps Overview
Learn about the fundamental configurations of a Workflow Step and discover all the available Steps in a Workflow.
Learn how to view, set up and manage Workflows automation.