Table of Contents
Updated by Susan Swier
This setting can be accessed from the Settings navigation menu under the Workspace Settings sub-menu item, Growth Widgets.
Under the Growth Widget Settings section, you can see a list of existing widgets in your Workspace. Here, you can edit and manage these widgets or create new ones.
In this setting, you can:
- Create a new widget
- Manage existing widgets
- Delete a widget
Creating New Widget
Step 1: Open the Explore Widget page
Click the Add Widget button on the top left of the Growth Widget module to explore all the available widgets.
Step 2: Select a Widget
Select the widget you would like to create and click the Create Widget button on the top right corner of the page.
Step 3: Configure Widget
Configure the selected widget according to the required fields. Click the Generate Widget button in the top right corner once done.
Step 3.1: Specify Website
Fill in the website(s) where the Widget will be added in the Website Domains field. Here's how to whitelist websites:
- If the user adds
https://app.respond.io, then only
https://app.respond.iowill be whitelisted. Any other subdomain or root should not work.
- If the user adds
https://*.respond.io, then all subdomains including the root domain will be whitelisted.
- If the user adds
https://respond.io, then only the root domain will be whitelisted.
Step 3.2: Select Channel
Select the channel you want to create a widget for from the dropdown list of available channels. You may click the Advanced Settings button to further configure the optional fields.
Step 4: Install the Script
Copy the generated script to install it on your website and click the Done button. Alternatively, forward the installation instructions via email.
Once you have created a widget, you can manage it as below.
Open the Installation Code
To see or copy the installation code (script) of the created widget, click the Installation Code button and follow the instructions on the screen.
Download the QR Code
To download the generated QR Code, click the Scan Code button, then the Download button and select your desired pixel dimensions for your scannable code.
Customize the Widget
To customize existing widgets, click the Customize button to open the customization page.
There are 5 sections you can customize depending on the type of widget:
You may configure the following general settings:
- Widget Name: Name used internally to identify the widget
- Website Domains: The websites on which the widget is to be installed. If you do not add your website to this list, your widget will not load. You can enter multiple URLs if you plan on installing the widget on multiple websites.
You may customize the following to define the behavior of the widget based on the selected channel:
- Hover Text: The hover text is shown in a tooltip when hovering over the widget.
- Pre-Filled Text: The pre-filled text is an input suggestion when a Contact starts a conversation.
- Reference: The reference will appear when a conversation is opened and allow you to track the source of the contact.
- Colors: Choose the channel icon’s background color and icon appearance in the widget.
Display & Appearance
You may customize the following to change the display appearance of the widget on your website:
- Popup Message: The popup message is shown to website visitors once per day 5 seconds after the page loads. If it’s not defined, no popup message will appear.
- Widget Size: Choose from the Large, Standard or Small widget size.
- Display Options: Choose to display this widget on desktop, mobile devices or both.
You may change the position of the widget on your website based on the following settings:
- Alignment: Specify if you’d like to display the widget on the bottom left or right of the website.
- Vertical Spacing: Specify the amount of vertical spacing between the widget and the bottom of the screen.
- Horizontal Spacing: Specify the amount of horizontal spacing between the widget and the edge of the screen.
Additional customization for widgets:
- Hide Respond.io Branding: Remove the respond.io branding from your widget.
Deleting a Widget
To delete an existing Widget, click the Delete button and follow the instructions on the screen. Doing so will completely remove the widget from your Workspace.