What is respond.io?
Setting Up an Account
Inviting Your Teammates
Getting Contacts to Message You
Automated Welcome and Away Messages
Responding to Messages
Glossary of Terms
WhatsApp Business API Quick Start
Getting Ready for Inbound Conversations
Getting Ready for Promotional Messaging
WhatsApp Official Business Account (Green Tick)
Grow your WhatsApp Audience by Maximizing Entry Points
Get WhatsApp API Account for Government Agencies
Meta Business Verification
WhatsApp Message Templates
WhatsApp Business API Channel Configuration
WhatsApp Messaging Limits
Change Your WhatsApp Business Display Name
Migrating from WhatsApp Personal or WhatsApp Business App
Phone Number Migration to respond.io WhatsApp Business API
Turn-off WhatsApp Number Two-Step Verification
WhatsApp Cloud API
Phone Number Migration to WhatsApp Cloud API
Facebook Messenger Overview
Facebook Messenger Quick Start
Facebook Chat Plugin
Facebook Private Replies
Facebook Message Tag
Google Business Messages
Website Chat Widget
Website Chat Widget Overview
Website Chat Widget Quick Start
Install Website Chat Widget on WordPress
Install Website Chat Widget on Shopify
Install Website Chat Widget on Wix
Install Website Chat Widget on Joomla
Install Website Chat Widget on Squarespace
Dashboard & Reporting
Workflow Steps Overview
Step: Send a Message
Step: Ask a Question
Step: Assign To
Step: Update Contact Tag
Step: Update Contact Field
Step: Open Conversation
Step: Close Conversation
Step: Add Comment
Step: Jump To
Step: Date & Time
Step: HTTP Request
Step: Add Google Sheets Row
Managing a Workspace
Workspace Settings: General
Workspace Settings: Users
Workspace Settings: Teams
Workspace Settings: Channels
Workspace Settings: Contact Fields
Workspace Settings: Integrations
Workspace Settings: Closing Notes
Workspace Settings: Snippets
Workspace Settings: Files
Workspace Settings: Data Export
Workspace Settings: Data Import
Workspace Setting: Respond AI
Workspace Settings: Growth Widgets
Organization Settings: General
Organization Settings: Users
Organization Settings: Workspaces
Organization Settings: WhatsApp Fees
Organization Settings: Billing & Usage
Installing respond.io Mobile App
Messaging From Your Mobile
Managing Notifications On Your Mobile
Configuring Mobile App Settings
Handling Inbound Conversations
Create Automated Welcome and Away Messages
Get Contacts’ Consent for Personal Data Collection
Create Automated Chat Menus
Collect Contacts’ Emails and Phone Numbers
Route Contacts by Shifts
Route Contacts by Team Functions
Route New & Returning Contacts
Route VIP Contacts
Assignment Strategy: Automatic Contact Distribution & Load Balancing
Assignment Strategy: Unassign Agents after Conversations Closed
Support Use Cases
Inbound Support: Identify Contacts by Email and Phone Number
Inbound Support: Enrich Customer Data from a CRM or other Business Software
Inbound Support: Route Customers to the Right Team Automatically
Inbound Support: Auto-Assign Customers to a Team or Dedicated Agent
Send Outbound Support Messages
Support: Closing Conversations
Supervising Your Support Agents
Reporting for Support
Send CSAT to Customer and Save Data in Google Sheets or CRMs
Sales Use Cases
Inbound Sales: Collect Leads' Email and Phone Number
Inbound Sales: Enrich Contact Data and Qualify Leads
Inbound Sales: Routing Leads
Inbound Sales: Auto-Assign Leads to Sales Agents
Sending Outbound Sales Messages
Track Productivity by Closing Conversations
Supervising Sales Agents
Reporting for Sales
Broadcasts Use Cases
Sending a Simple Broadcast
Start a Workflow Based on Broadcast Response
Troubleshooting a Failed Broadcast
Dialogflow: Connecting to Dialogflow
Dialogflow: Creating a Chatbot
Dialogflow: Managing Intents
Dialogflow: Response Templates
Dialogflow: Custom Payloads
Dialogflow: Fulfillment Webhook Request
E-Commerce & CRM Integrations
E-Commerce Integration: Shopify
E-Commerce Integration: BigCommerce
E-Commerce Integration: WooCommerce
E-Commerce Integration: Magento
CRM Integration: HubSpot
CRM Integration: Salesforce
CRM Integration: Pipedrive
CRM Integration: ActiveCampaign
Make (formerly Integromat)
We love to hear from you!
Table of Contents
Updated by Wai Ting Yong
Connect respond.io to Make (formerly Integromat) and unlock the possibilities of 1300+ integrations.
You can integrate your Contact information from the respond.io platform to thousands of CRMs, email providers, CMS, analytics tools, ads, and more. Let's have a quick look at this integration.
In order to get started with the respond.io - Make integration, you will need the following:
- A respond.io account
- A Make account
For most scenarios (same as Zaps in Zapier), you’ll need to use a contact identifier, either email or phone number. If you don't have a record of a Contact’s email or phone number in respond.io, you may not be able to complete a scenario.
There are two ways you can create scenarios:
Create a Scenario from Template
Templates are predefined scenarios that you can expand and customize to create scenarios. We have created some templates connecting respond.io to some popular CRM and e-commerce platforms. You can then share these with friends and colleagues.
To use a scenario template, follow these steps:
Step 1: Log in to respond.io > go to the Settings module > click Integrations.
Step 2: Click Edit next to the Make (formerly Integromat) option > select a template from the list.
Create a Scenario from Scratch
To create a scenario from scratch, follow these steps:
Step 1: From your Make account, click Scenario on the left menu > click + Create a new scenario.
Step 2: Our integration with Make requires the usage of 3 modules: Triggers, Actions and Searches.
- Choose your trigger or action app: The scenario will be triggered by an event that occurs or has occurred in this app.
If you’re using respond.io as the trigger, click on the big plus sign > search respond.io in the search bar > select the Respond.io app.
- Select your event: This will be the event that occurs or has occurred in the selected app that triggers the scenario.View the full list of trigger events available for respond.io here.
- Select or connect your app account: Select or connect the specific app account to use in the Scenario trigger or action.To connect respond.io in Make, follow the instructions here.
- Set up and test your trigger: Set up the options to fit your needs and test your trigger to see if it pulls in the right data.Learn more about setting up your scenario trigger or action here.
Step 3: Follow these steps to add and set up an Actions module:
- Choose your action app: The scenario will perform an action in this app when it is triggered. To use respond.io for the action, click + add another module > search respond.io in the search bar > select the Respond.io app.
- Select your event: This will be the event that the scenario will perform in the selected app when the trigger app sends data to the action app to proceed.View the full list of action events available for respond.io here.
- Select or connect your app account: To connect respond.io to Make, follow the instructions here.
- Set up and test your action module: Set up the data that you want to send over to your action app and test if it's working as expected.Learn more about setting up your scenario action here.
Step 4: When your scenario is ready, you can do the following:
- Schedule your scenario to run: Schedule the time interval in which a scenario should run by clicking Scheduling settings and making your desired changes.Note that only trigger modules that are instant triggers can run immediately.
- Rename your scenario: If required, rename your scenario by clicking the scenario's name at the top left.
- Activate your scenario: Exit the scenario editor by hitting the arrow icon at the top left > switch the toggle to ON.
Connect respond.io to Make
When connecting Respond.io app in Make for the first time, you are required to sign in and add an API Key. Follow the steps below:
Step 1: Log in to the respond.io Workspace you wish to connect > go to the Settings module > click Integrations under Workspace Settings > click Connect next to Make (formerly Integromat) option. You will be directed to the Make page in respond.io.
Step 2: To copy the API Key, click the unhide icon > click the API Key.
Step 3: On Make.com, click the Respond.io module > click Add in the Connection drop-down menu > paste the API Key in the Channel Token field > click Save.
FAQ and Troubleshooting
Why can’t I connect my account to the respond.io module (HTTP Status → 401 error)?
Your API Token is invalid or not correct. Make sure your API Token is correct or you can regenerate it.
What happens if a trigger fails to run?
When a trigger fails, we will wait a certain amount of time before we attempt a retry. The waiting time will gradually increase between retries.
We will attempt a total of 3 retries on a failed trigger, with a waiting time of 30 seconds before the first retry, 60 seconds before the second retry, and 90 seconds before the third retry. After the 3rd retry, the trigger will not be invoked to Make.com.
Feeling stuck? Do not fear.Need assistance? Contact us for support. Help is here!
This is the text block that will appear when the button is clicked.